Game Start Times
- 8:00 to 10:00 = YMCA Southridge
- 8:00 to 10:00 = Notre Dame
- 8:30 to 10:30 = Family Leisure Centre
- 8:45 to 10:30 = Alexander Jr. High School
- 8:00 to 10:00 = Medicine Hat Christian School
- 8:00 to 10:00 = Roy Wilson
- Team rosters will be submitted no later than September 30, 2017.
- You will have until December 15, 2017 to make additions or changes.
- All rosters are required to be filled out on the roster sheet (which can be found under Forms).
- Faxes or e-mailed copies will be accepted only after approval by the division director.
- Any player not registered properly will not be eligible to play in the league.
- Any team found to be caught or reported using ineligible players (players not on a roster or the spares list) will forfeit any matches those individuals played.
- Once you are on a teams roster you may not play for any other team. Players that are caught or are reported playing for a team while being on another teams roster will be ineligible to play the current seasons playoffs. Furthermore, the team that picked up the offending player will automatically default any and all matches in which said player was on the court. You may be removed from a teams roster by contacting a league representative.
If you are short a player:
- Please refer to the spare lists for either the Ladies league or the Co-ed league.
- Once a player has spared for a team for 3 nights (6 matches), they must be picked up by that team. That team is responsible for adding that player to their roster. As soon as a spare is added to a roster they will be removed from the Spares List.
- Individuals may stay on the spares list until the end of the season. But only players on a roster are eligible for the playoffs.
The Southridge YMCA bills for overtime use after 10:00pm sharp. Please respect the leagues limited funds when playing there by holding your team and other teams accountable to exiting the building by 10:00PM.
Please respect the schedule that has been set out for you regardless of financial consequences.
Please make sure you take down and put away all nets and poles at the end of the night before you leave.
There is to be no smoking or consumption of alcohol anywhere on school property. This includes outside by the school doors. Students are prohibited and so are we.
General Rules of Play
- All teams are required and bound by their honor to make their own calls and their grace to allow others to do the same.
- Only one service attempt is allowed.
- Any contact with any part of the net during a play is a violation.
- The service area runs the full width of the court.
- If a served ball hits the net and goes over the ball is live and playable.
- Games will be rally point to 25
- Matches are best of 3 (time permitting) third game will be to 15.
- Games are win by 2 unless agreed to a cap by both teams.
- A libero may not be used.
- Player substitutions are allowed. A substitute player may enter the game between any play but may then only be replaced by the original player substituted.
- You cannot attack or block the serve.
- You can set off the serve.
- You are allowed multiple hits off a serve or a spike. The ball can contact your arms more than once, but it may not roll down your arms.
- The ball may contact any part of your body as long as carry motion is not performed. (Yes this includes feet.)
- You cannot cross the center line. You may step on it but you may not cross it.
- If a team is 15 minutes late they will default the first game. If they are 25 minutes late they default the entire match.
- If you know in advance that you are not going to be able to field a team, be respectful and contact the other team and advise them. Nothing is worse than going out in the cold and having the other team not show.
- If you run out of time for whatever reason the score stands as is. There will be no make up games for any reason.
- All teams must have a minimum of 5 players on the court at all times.
- Co-ed also requires that at least 3 of those players must be women.
- Teams are encouraged to play with 5 or 6 even if requirements are not met. They will default the match but the gym space is paid for and we all love to play.
- The league rules state that if you default more than 4 games the league will then have the option of not accepting your team into next years play.
No players that have played either JV, senior high school or college volleyball during the current volleyball season are permitted to be on a roster or allowed to play in the league during the regular season or league playoffs.
Individuals must be 18 years of age to participate in the league.
Placement For The Play-offs
Teams will be placed in the playoffs by a point system that will be calculated by your team’s performance over the entire season. A specific number of points will be awarded to each position in each tier. These points will then be added up at the end of the season and you will be slotted into a playoff position. Playoff matches are best of 5.